Request for Proposals for a Panel of Consultants
The Queensland Competition Authority (the Authority) is responsible for assisting with the implementation of competition policy in Queensland.
QR Network’s current access undertaking is due to expire on 30 June 2013. The access undertaking provides a framework for third parties to negotiate access to the rail infrastructure managed by QR Network. It is anticipated that QR Network will submit a draft access undertaking (the 2013 DAU) to replace the current access undertaking.
The Authority is seeking to appoint a panel of pre-qualified advisers/consultants to provide a range of technical and economic advisory services to assist in assessing and approving the new undertaking arrangements.
Advisers/consultants who are on the panel will be approached by the Authority to quote for specific assignments as and when required.
The services may include an assessment of elements of the 2013 DAU, but may also include rail matters related to Queensland Rail Ltd (QRail). QRail is a separate entity to QR Network which operates the rail network across the remainder of the state, and passenger trains including the commuter services in southeast Queensland. QRail does not operate freight services.
The scope of work will vary with the size, cost and complexity of a project and could be expected to include the following:
- asset valuation;
- assessing prudency of capital expenditure;
- conducting efficiency and effectiveness reviews of operations and maintenance costs;
- economic advice in relation to pricing;
- economic advice in relation to network access arrangements;
- technical advice on rail matters including interface risk management, train scheduling and operations, supply chain issues, and network capacity;
- coal demand/volume forecasts; and
- commercial and financial advice in relation to matters including:
- the regulated rate of return;
- project finance;
- marketability of trust products;
- tax and corporate finance; and
- insurance/contracting issues such as liability, indemnity and consequential loss.
The terms of reference for this expression of interest are available below. To be considered for this panel, the consultant will be required to submit a proposal to the Authority addressing all relevant sections of the terms of reference document.
For any further information regarding this consultancy, please contact Mr Stephen Wisenthal on 07 3222 0507 or Ms Clotilde Belanger on 07 3222 0587.
The closing date for receipt of proposals by the Authority is Friday 19 October 2012.
Proposals should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
or sent to:
Queensland Competition Authority
GPO Box 2257
Brisbane QLD 4001
Fax: 07 3222 0599