The Dawson Valley WSS has a total of 146 bulk customers (some of whom are also customers of the Theodore Distribution which draws its supply from Dawson Valley).
Storage for the Dawson Valley water supply scheme takes place in a number of weirs along the Dawson River. Among them:
- Theodore Weir - with a capacity of 4,760 ML
- Orange Creek Weir - with a capacity of 6,780 ML
- Moura Weir - with a capacity of 7,700 ML
- Glebe Weir - with a capacity of 17,700 ML
- Neville Hewitt Weir - with a capacity of 11,300 ML
- Gyranda Weir - with a capacity of 16,500 ML
Water from this scheme is used to irrigate crops of cotton, fodder, cereal, wheat, barley, oats, maize, mung beans, soybeans, sunflowers, sorghum and peanuts.
It also provides water to the towns of Theodore, Moura, Baralaba and Duaringa.