On 29 October 2018, we received a referral notice from the Treasurer and Minister for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Partnerships directing us to investigate pricing practices relating to the monopoly business activities of SunWater and Seqwater undertaken for irrigation services. The key objective of the investigation is to recommend irrigation prices for the period 1 July 2020 to 30 June 2024.
We will be conducting regional workshops in late January and early February 2019. A tentative workshop schedule is available in the reports section below. If you are interested in attending one of these workshops, please register here.
- January/early February 2019: QCA to hold regional workshops
- 22 February 2019: submissions due on businesses' submissions and dam safety consultation paper
- By 31 August 2019: QCA to provide draft report to the government
- September/October 2019: QCA to hold regional workshops and request stakeholder submissions
- By 31 January 2020: QCA to provide final report to the government
Initial stakeholder submissions identifying issues they think should be considered as part of this investigation are available below.
SunWater's and Seqwater's submissions are also available below.