The committee was established in 2007 and has seven consumer organisations as members:
- The Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland
- The Council on the Ageing (COTA)
- The Energy Users Association of Australia
- The Financial Counsellors Association of Queensland
- The Queensland Farmers Federation (represented by Canegrowers)
- The Queensland Consumers Association
- The Queensland Council of Social Services.
The committee provides important input into the decisions made by the QCA, including regulated electricity pricing, administration of the Electricity Distribution Network Code and Gas Distribution Network Code and other issues important to energy customers.
The committee operates according to a charter. See here for the minutes from committee meetings.